Skip to main content

It's all Fucked up


Yesterday I ate a bowlful of triggers and broke down completely in my therapist’s office.  Sure some of it has to do with turning 60 but there were older more ancient forces at work.  I’m lazy, I’m a loser, I’m lonely, and I’m financially fragile.  I, I, I.  I am having a hard time seeing the good in my life and there is good.  I have my own home, I have a healthy son and a pretty good relationship with him.  My health is not bad, I wish I had straighter teeth. So I don’t know what was the champion of the I hate me club that brought me down so strategically.  I got a birthday card from a former girlfriend inviting me out to a dinner and I think that was what started it.  I realized that all the work that I’ve done in therapy and with my AA sponsor was all interrelated with the failings that transpired during that relationship.  The more I realized it, the greater power they started to have again in my brain.  I’m still super sensitive in temperament and I do suffer from emotional and mental damage.  This combination if stirred and baked correctly has the potential to create some serious havoc to my staged spiritual state.

I don’t have any set spiritual goals.  I don’t have a higher power other than sloth when it comes to prayer and meditation.  I don’t know what to pray for other than what to pray for.  When it comes to the listening part I just try to concentrate on my breath and not the thousand mental playgrounds that never cease to occupy my mind.  I meditated for over a year, every day and I don’t feel closer to any god or deeper connection.  Sure I’m not spazzing out for a few minutes and yes I’m grateful for that but is that it?  Is that all there is?  Is the secret just to be grateful for a minute of grace?  Is it supposed to build up to some blinding truth about the real meaning of life?  Does it stem the tide of loneliness that dodges every other minute of my waking life?  When I start to drift into melancholy over my station, does it adjust my attention so I’ll turn on the TV instead?  How can I push for sanity and peace when I’ve never had it?  How would I know what it is if it did magically descend over my consciousness?  And how long is it supposed to last?  I know I’m not the only one who has these thoughts but I’m the only one I have access to such a tortured brain.

Truth be told life is not all that cracked up into snowflakes of happiness and bliss.  Sure I’ve felt good and have experienced sublime moments.  But they’re only moments.  They don’t last long enough to get the feel of how to harness them to manufacture a life of multitudes of those moments.   Maybe it’s the alcoholic damaged part of my brain.   Where I once found refuge I now have to fight with that urge on top of everything else I seem to be challenged with.   I know getting high isn’t an answer but it sure is tempting to have the option to completely turn the twisted thought wizard off once in a while.  I have fought the fight to stay mentally stable.  I have tried to kill myself in the past as a result of too much of this landslide of crap.  I fucked up those attempts and that left even more damage in its wake.  How elastic is my brain?  When people say let it go, where do I let it go too?  It still is in my brain, in some hemisphere just lurking and moping because no attention is being paid to it.  But it’s there.  What do you do?  Build up a multitude of happy moments to eventually outweigh the pain of its existence?  I don’t know.  I think happy moments in retrospect only appear long enough to hide the pain, not heal it.

I just get through my days not live through them.   I needed guidance, direction as a child to understand the deeper meaning of satisfaction.  I was only dodging shame and guilt instead.  That’s what my DNA is. Electric shock therapy didn’t reset that part of my brain.  It sure blotted out a lot of my memory but the DNA is still there.  It has its purpose.  I’m sure part of this stress is the lack of relationship in my life.  I don’t want to burden any woman with this weight.  I’d like to try to be with a woman and see how well I can hide this wounded animal.  If there is a higher power why is it so hidden, so dug deep between so many wishes and prayers?  What are the proper desires to transcend this human 3 dimensional life and get to the actual source?  If pain is the price than I have over paid and am due.  I don’t know what to say anymore as I really don’t think there is any value in that ephemeral mystical option.   I’ve read that Buddha says life is suffering and when we accept that we start to understand.  Maybe he didn’t say it exactly like that but I have touched suffering and it is a stretch of unbearable pain that has transcended any facsimile of healing that I thought I had experienced.  It truly never leaves.  Moments are just shaded by grace but burnt into light by the darkness that defines the true nature of its presence.  Am I supposed to love my life then?  Do I love my darkness?  I truly do not know at this moment.  I will act as if it is only a bother and hopefully the fatigue of that madness won’t burn me into a crisp.

Comments

  1. You should continue writing...you have a way with words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should continue writing...you have a way with words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could talk in person, just like the old days friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog & i like it!!!
    thanks for sharing & thanks for information


    visit my blog: Most fun blog ever

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Dardanelle So I decide I’m going to go for a hike but I don’t want to drive. What to do?  Well my strength is imagination, pursuing thoughts, strong holding onto old memories, er, you get the picture.  So let’s take a virtual walk.  Summon all my daily thoughts and tell them to take the day off, I’m going on a hike!  This is my hike.  It is on my planet and is free for all to enjoy.  I speed through the uneventful drive but secretly delight in the destination ahead.  I always get lost so part of the adventure is finding the right spot to park.  I have to unclutter my mind and focus on the feeling that tells me the right place to stop.  I stop and get out and look at where I am.  The road is planted in the middle of an immense garden of pines, cedars, elms, big rocks, pine needles and clouds.   My path today is traipsing through this garden with no thought of later. I skip across the street and instantly I’m straining my way over a well chiseled trail.  Nothing is smooth as

Day 361 It's Just Days Now

My friend told me I shouldn’t date a woman from the “program” as they are just too damaged.    I countered that opinion with my second wife who was “normal” but crazier than bat shit in the end.   She had her own agenda and it wasn’t about making peace or being compassionate.   I think women from the program are as damaged as any woman or man but the one thing that separates them from outside women is that they are trying to heal.   Whatever way or path that they choose is still driven by a choice of wanting to get healthy.   And on a good day they realize that they are broken and they pick up their pieces and try to mold them into a way of life guided by some sense of sanity.   I’ve known normal women that don’t even see how they’re wrong with anything.   There is no fighting them as you’ve lost before you say the first word.   My mom was a perfect example of this theory. I’m afraid of women right now.   I think about them more often than not.   What would it be like to be in a re