Skip to main content

20 Tiny Changes That Can Overhaul Your Life - found on Internet....very cool....

1. Less Anger, More Understanding

When we can understand why the other person acts the way they do—whether they are three years old or thirty—the need to yell automatically starts to diminish.

2. Less Complaining, More Gratitude

When we look at all the wonderful things in life, the things that don’t go well start to seem trivial.

3. Less Blame, More Guidance

When we get hurt, it is instinctive to want to make the other person “pay,” but if we can guide the person to fix the situation, things are more likely to get better sooner.

4. Less Judgment, More Wonder

We are all unique, different, and a wee bit crazy in our own way. The best way to counter the urge to be judgmental is to cultivate a sense of wonder at each person’s uniqueness.

5. Less Resistance, More Acceptance

The more we resist something, the more it persists. The more we accept it, the less it bothers us.

6. Less Shame, More Vulnerability

Shame is a deep-seated fear that we are not enough. Yet, it’s a fact that none of us is perfect. When weaccept the imperfection and embrace it, the tight grip of shame starts to loosen up.

7. Less Fear, More Action

We cannot reason with fear, especially the irrational one that stays in the head. The best way to make change happen is to take action and keep moving forward.

8. Less Comparison, More Contentment

Our life seems like a drag when we compare our “behind-the-scenes” with the highlight reel of someone else’s life. Focusing on contentment kills the need to try to keep up with the Joneses.

9. Less Will Power, More Habits

It’s scientifically proven that we have a limited supply of will power, and the more we exert it, the less we have for future use. So whenever possible, turn things into habit, limiting the need to use will power.

10. Less Guilt, More Communication

We all make mistakes. Communicating how badly we feel and figuring out how to fix things will keep guilt from gnawing away at our happiness.

11. Less Obsessing, More Balance

Embrace all shades between black or white, and the need to obsess on the extremes starts to shrink. Particularly helpful for recovering perfectionists like me!

12. Less Competition, More Cooperation

Come at things from a place of abundance and seek intentionally to cooperate, and the fear of competition starts to melt right away.

13. Less Stress, More Fun

If there is one thing we can learn from kids, it is to have fun. Ever notice how few kids are actually stressed?

14. Less Greed, More Generosity

Finding joy in giving is the perfect antidote for a case of the gimmes.

15. Less Distraction, More Rest

Seriously, make getting a fixed number of hours of sleep each night a priority, and distractions like social media and television will automatically stop killing productivity.

16. Less Bitterness, More Forgiveness

Bitterness only hurts the person carrying it. Forgive those who hurt us and move on.

17. Less Control, More Flow

Some things are simply out of our control. Learning to go with the flow helps tone down the urge to control.

18. Less Stubbornness, More Openness

What if we are wrong some times? Being open to accepting failure and constantly learning makes life so much simpler and beautiful.

19. Less Expectation, More Patience

Start small by delaying gratification with little things. As we learn to be more patient, our expectations of how/when things should turn out start to relax as well.

20. Less Ego, More Humility

Easier said than done, but the more easily we can say “sorry” and “thank you” (and really mean it), the less hold ego has on our life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's all Fucked up

Yesterday I ate a bowlful of triggers and broke down completely in my therapist’s office.   Sure some of it has to do with turning 60 but there were older more ancient forces at work.   I’m lazy, I’m a loser, I’m lonely, and I’m financially fragile.   I, I, I.   I am having a hard time seeing the good in my life and there is good.   I have my own home, I have a healthy son and a pretty good relationship with him.   My health is not bad, I wish I had straighter teeth. So I don’t know what was the champion of the I hate me club that brought me down so strategically.   I got a birthday card from a former girlfriend inviting me out to a dinner and I think that was what started it.   I realized that all the work that I’ve done in therapy and with my AA sponsor was all interrelated with the failings that transpired during that relationship.   The more I realized it, the greater power they started to have again in my brain.   I’m still super sensitive in temperament and I do suffer from e
I Am Dardanelle So I decide I’m going to go for a hike but I don’t want to drive. What to do?  Well my strength is imagination, pursuing thoughts, strong holding onto old memories, er, you get the picture.  So let’s take a virtual walk.  Summon all my daily thoughts and tell them to take the day off, I’m going on a hike!  This is my hike.  It is on my planet and is free for all to enjoy.  I speed through the uneventful drive but secretly delight in the destination ahead.  I always get lost so part of the adventure is finding the right spot to park.  I have to unclutter my mind and focus on the feeling that tells me the right place to stop.  I stop and get out and look at where I am.  The road is planted in the middle of an immense garden of pines, cedars, elms, big rocks, pine needles and clouds.   My path today is traipsing through this garden with no thought of later. I skip across the street and instantly I’m straining my way over a well chiseled trail.  Nothing is smooth as

Day 361 It's Just Days Now

My friend told me I shouldn’t date a woman from the “program” as they are just too damaged.    I countered that opinion with my second wife who was “normal” but crazier than bat shit in the end.   She had her own agenda and it wasn’t about making peace or being compassionate.   I think women from the program are as damaged as any woman or man but the one thing that separates them from outside women is that they are trying to heal.   Whatever way or path that they choose is still driven by a choice of wanting to get healthy.   And on a good day they realize that they are broken and they pick up their pieces and try to mold them into a way of life guided by some sense of sanity.   I’ve known normal women that don’t even see how they’re wrong with anything.   There is no fighting them as you’ve lost before you say the first word.   My mom was a perfect example of this theory. I’m afraid of women right now.   I think about them more often than not.   What would it be like to be in a re