Skip to main content

Day 31 Oh To Be A Man III (still continuing) (still inspired by my lost moment of innocence)


Without the whispers, without the guidance of a peer, a father, a godfather or any male relative I didn’t take the reins of manhood at all.  I usurped the natural progress of growing into a man.  Listen, it is important, critical for a boy to develop these skills the right way.  Bypassing the normal growth progress and you end up with a mess.  A tragedy, unaware of the damage out the gate and for miles down the track.  You grab anything, anybody and hold on with a death grip thinking you’ve found the piece to complete the puzzle.  Relationships are choked into submission, dreams are just mini-dramas that bleed out to fatal incomplete deaths.  They stay alive in a zombie state to keep chomping on your incomplete sense of ideals for your so called life.  It doesn’t stop.  “I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.  I don’t know what major to take.  I don’t know if she’s the right one”, etc., etc., etc.

Four things need to be developed here; family, relationships, peace of mind, inner self security.  Probably many more but without these you are bound to the dark side of the mountains for too long a time to find any peace.  My family was a joke.  It was held together by decibels far too loud to listen to, too violent to find comfort or security, too many secrets to develop any sense of belonging.  Each member a country with inconsistent borders and punishments for crossing too far into either purposefully or unintentionally.  In a word, it was fucked.  We hacked, hated, loved like jealous gods, whined, lied, stole from, cheated on and that was just during Christmas time.  Controls were set in place to determine the ruling powers and of course they made no sense and there was no conference to settle any questions as to why shit was the way it was.

My dad was too far gone into his career as he should have been.  To a degree.  He came from a loving family so where the fuck was that and when was it going to be introduced?  My feeling is that despite being on the front of the battlefield, nothing prepared him for the shriek and freak of the warhorse.  I think he suffered more PTSD from the home front than he did the war front.  He was out of his comfort zone and had no clue how to get in with the time he had available.  So he did what was done best, yell and scream.  I give him credit though, he only laid hands on me once.  Hand spanking on the ass.  I laughed when I realized what was going to happen.  Didn’t he know the cord was the weapon of choice and nothing less would hurt?  Ha ha ha!  The joke was on me as that ass spanking was sensitive, ouchily so.  Yikes.  I still had lessons to learn.  I think he just expected to come home and have the nightly martini, “I Dream Of Genie” on TV and the kids tucked quietly in bed.  He should have hedged his bets on the insane side of reality, he might have found some happiness in those payoffs.

The warhorse.  Forget it.  She was completely batshit when it came to discipline.  She would attack with a crazed ferocity in her eyes and the same night cook you your favorite dinner because you were her favorite one.  She was demented, intelligent, cruel, funny, acidic, had a laser beam in her left eye which she would use to burn a hole in the back of my head trying to find out what shit I’d been doing wrong during my “off” housing hours.  I would fuck shit up just to piss her off I hated her that much.  I didn’t give a shit about the beatings after a while.  That’s just fucked up when you include the term, “The Beatings” as a family value.  So without going into my brother’s relationships, the family side of mental health balance was a long shot.  Technically I had a family but so did Tyrannosaurus Rex and all they did was eat everything living  they could snatch and tear apart with their little Ken doll arms. 

In some kind of psychology mythical training, 4 is a harmonious number for balance.  I had mom, dad, siblings but no other family that I knew on any consistent basis.  That equals 3 and in that same training, 3 is a fucked up transportation system to mental goodness, mental health, mental parity whatever you want to call that studied misfortune.  When I got in trouble, it came in 3’s.  Screamed at, chased down, and whipped with calculating frenzy.  3 things.  You can see quite clearly in this example that 3 is not a good number.  Perhaps if I got away as number 3 and her calamitous meltdown at not releasing her juju on my white ass, thighs, arms, neck as number 4 then you begin is see how it is wise to strive for one more if you feel you’re going to be stuck at 3.  Shoot for 4, one more, always. 
1.   I'm grateful that I found an old friend yesterday and got to talk to her on the phone.
2.   I'm grateful that I know I only have one kid.
3.   I'm grateful that I am still inspired to write and hope that I see some comments soon@!@!  At least 4, not 3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's all Fucked up

Yesterday I ate a bowlful of triggers and broke down completely in my therapist’s office.   Sure some of it has to do with turning 60 but there were older more ancient forces at work.   I’m lazy, I’m a loser, I’m lonely, and I’m financially fragile.   I, I, I.   I am having a hard time seeing the good in my life and there is good.   I have my own home, I have a healthy son and a pretty good relationship with him.   My health is not bad, I wish I had straighter teeth. So I don’t know what was the champion of the I hate me club that brought me down so strategically.   I got a birthday card from a former girlfriend inviting me out to a dinner and I think that was what started it.   I realized that all the work that I’ve done in therapy and with my AA sponsor was all interrelated with the failings that transpired during that relationship.   The more I realized it, the greater power they started to have again in my brain.   I’m still super sensitive in temperament and I do suffer from e
I Am Dardanelle So I decide I’m going to go for a hike but I don’t want to drive. What to do?  Well my strength is imagination, pursuing thoughts, strong holding onto old memories, er, you get the picture.  So let’s take a virtual walk.  Summon all my daily thoughts and tell them to take the day off, I’m going on a hike!  This is my hike.  It is on my planet and is free for all to enjoy.  I speed through the uneventful drive but secretly delight in the destination ahead.  I always get lost so part of the adventure is finding the right spot to park.  I have to unclutter my mind and focus on the feeling that tells me the right place to stop.  I stop and get out and look at where I am.  The road is planted in the middle of an immense garden of pines, cedars, elms, big rocks, pine needles and clouds.   My path today is traipsing through this garden with no thought of later. I skip across the street and instantly I’m straining my way over a well chiseled trail.  Nothing is smooth as

Day 361 It's Just Days Now

My friend told me I shouldn’t date a woman from the “program” as they are just too damaged.    I countered that opinion with my second wife who was “normal” but crazier than bat shit in the end.   She had her own agenda and it wasn’t about making peace or being compassionate.   I think women from the program are as damaged as any woman or man but the one thing that separates them from outside women is that they are trying to heal.   Whatever way or path that they choose is still driven by a choice of wanting to get healthy.   And on a good day they realize that they are broken and they pick up their pieces and try to mold them into a way of life guided by some sense of sanity.   I’ve known normal women that don’t even see how they’re wrong with anything.   There is no fighting them as you’ve lost before you say the first word.   My mom was a perfect example of this theory. I’m afraid of women right now.   I think about them more often than not.   What would it be like to be in a re