Skip to main content

Day 327 Battling Depression


Not much longer now.  33 days until I go over to the 60 side of life.  Today I’m sick so my outlook is a bit jaded.  So many people around me are retiring from work and here I sit, older than half of them but still coming to work every day.  It’s not a total drag but it’s not a joyful celebration either.  I have to engage in games with the team “lead”.  He does not want to do his work so he pushes if off on me in the name of load balancing.  Hah!  Granted there isn’t a lot of work to be done as I do it as it comes in but I still don’t want to do his work so he can do his brand of nothing.  That’s my high light of what’s going on in my life.

That’s not what is important though.  I am circling the depression zone, getting stuck on thoughts, ruminating a bit, languishing in perceived loneliness.  All the things I promised myself I wouldn’t do.  Yet here I am.  My therapist asked me if I wanted to try eHarmony for a hook up.  I told her I have nothing to offer and she laughed.  “Let that be their opinion, not yours!”  But I don’t want to think that a date will pull me out of this crap. I think that there must me more to do but I am not finding the energy to do what I must.

I wake up at 6:10 and immediately feed my cat.  Then I reach for the Cheerio’s and pour myself a bowl of cereal.  Some days I cut a banana into my bowl and some days I don’t.  Swallow my vitamins and then groom myself for the day.  Shave, wet my hair and brush it.  Nice and silver hair plastered to my head.  Into the bedroom and decision time as to what shirt will still fit and which one should I wear.  All of my pants are too small but I squeeze into them anyway.  Need my shirt tail to be long so I can wear it over my belt line.  Betty will occasionally walk in and I get to pet her for a couple of minutes.  Got to give love to my cat. I rarely bring lunch so that chore is meaningless.  Grab a yogurt or some trail mix only.  Then out to the car and off on my 1 mile commute to the train station.  I get to work an hour early so I can park safely downtown and not have to walk to the train station.  God forbid I walk a mile in the morning.  I like having my car downtown though, it gives me some kind of control.  I get to work and don my headphones and listen to monks chanting for a 20 minute mediation.  I know it’s weird to mediate at work but I’ve been doing it for some time now and it feels natural.  Then to Posey’s for my daily cup of coffee.  It’s not the best coffee in the world but I like it and I like the owners of the shop.  Then I settle in to a day of inanity.  It’s been slow recently so I have little to do.  I try to scare up some work so I’m not just sitting here but that’s what I do.  Thank god for Kindle and my vast library.  I will start reading and just get lost in a book while monitoring the queue for any work coming my way.

That’s it.  I come home and check my special sites for the latest TV shows or movies that have come out and download them.  Put them in my media player so they’re ready for prime time in my living room.  I’ll fix something to eat and start watching TV.  I might watch for a couple of hours, maybe longer.  Then I’ll take my night time meds and lay down and ready out of a real book for 30 minutes or so.  I pray that I will fall asleep and shut down my lights and get cozy in my familiar bed.  Betty will pop up to get some petting action in before I pass out.  I like that about her, she is so loving and friendly like that.  For a cat she is pretty attentive.  Then she moves down the bed to do her cat thing for the night.  That’s it for most of the nights.  I have therapy Monday night, sponsee Tuesday night, dinner with friends Wednesday night, my sponsor on Thursday night and then I hang out with Valentino Friday night.  So I do a couple of things during the week to break up the monotony.  What is there to offer in all of that?  Weekends are a chore to get through, god if retirement is anything like my weekends, I’ll stay on the job thank you.

I get that this is a season and I’m in the thick of it.  I know it isn’t my future but it’s such a big now that it can be overwhelming at times.  I hate it and I hate feeling this way.  I just finished the last major drug I was taking for my alleged bipolar and my brain is going through some wicked adjustments.  I think this is part of the transition and it’s something that I have to gut out.  I don’t want to turn 60 feeling this way.

Comments

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy,Hepatitis,Parkinson disease.Diabetes,Fibroid..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's all Fucked up

Yesterday I ate a bowlful of triggers and broke down completely in my therapist’s office.   Sure some of it has to do with turning 60 but there were older more ancient forces at work.   I’m lazy, I’m a loser, I’m lonely, and I’m financially fragile.   I, I, I.   I am having a hard time seeing the good in my life and there is good.   I have my own home, I have a healthy son and a pretty good relationship with him.   My health is not bad, I wish I had straighter teeth. So I don’t know what was the champion of the I hate me club that brought me down so strategically.   I got a birthday card from a former girlfriend inviting me out to a dinner and I think that was what started it.   I realized that all the work that I’ve done in therapy and with my AA sponsor was all interrelated with the failings that transpired during that relationship.   The more I realized it, the greater power they started to have again in my brain.   I’m still super sensitive in temperament and I do suffer from e
I Am Dardanelle So I decide I’m going to go for a hike but I don’t want to drive. What to do?  Well my strength is imagination, pursuing thoughts, strong holding onto old memories, er, you get the picture.  So let’s take a virtual walk.  Summon all my daily thoughts and tell them to take the day off, I’m going on a hike!  This is my hike.  It is on my planet and is free for all to enjoy.  I speed through the uneventful drive but secretly delight in the destination ahead.  I always get lost so part of the adventure is finding the right spot to park.  I have to unclutter my mind and focus on the feeling that tells me the right place to stop.  I stop and get out and look at where I am.  The road is planted in the middle of an immense garden of pines, cedars, elms, big rocks, pine needles and clouds.   My path today is traipsing through this garden with no thought of later. I skip across the street and instantly I’m straining my way over a well chiseled trail.  Nothing is smooth as

Day 361 It's Just Days Now

My friend told me I shouldn’t date a woman from the “program” as they are just too damaged.    I countered that opinion with my second wife who was “normal” but crazier than bat shit in the end.   She had her own agenda and it wasn’t about making peace or being compassionate.   I think women from the program are as damaged as any woman or man but the one thing that separates them from outside women is that they are trying to heal.   Whatever way or path that they choose is still driven by a choice of wanting to get healthy.   And on a good day they realize that they are broken and they pick up their pieces and try to mold them into a way of life guided by some sense of sanity.   I’ve known normal women that don’t even see how they’re wrong with anything.   There is no fighting them as you’ve lost before you say the first word.   My mom was a perfect example of this theory. I’m afraid of women right now.   I think about them more often than not.   What would it be like to be in a re