Skip to main content

Day 113 Where I'm At


Hi.  It’s been a bit since I’ve written anything.  I feel so energized with everything that’s been happening in my life lately.  And it’s just life that’s been happening.  I still come to work every day, I go home and make something to eat and then watch some TV.  I have found time to meditate each day, a good 21 – 22 minute sit.  I’ve been riding my bike to work most days and that is great.  I talk to Ry and he’s come over a couple of times to hang out with his old man.  Yeah, so its life, and I’m doing it and it feels great.

Ry turned me on to a TV show called Supernatural and I’ve found the perfect addiction to satisfy my addiction center for now.  It’s in its 10th season and I’ve started with Season 1 and am slowly rolling through each episode.  It’s not expanding the mind electric but it does have a calming effect on my brain.  They’re brothers fighting the supernatural evil in the world, er, United States and they stay sane for the most part.  Now my job sometimes I feel like I’m dealing with a devil or 2 but these guys, it’s every day and they hold it together.  If they can do it then it’s certain that I can perform miracles on my job as well.

I’ve been reading more Buddhism books, Carl Jung psychology books and have had my mind expanded by virtue as a result.  I’m getting to know my ego or at least why it functions the way it does.  I’ve been exploring changing my world view and finding that it’s simply by choice and persistence.  Keeping my mind open and in a positive non-unique stance and I’ve felt a slip of peace flowing in coloring bits of my world differently.  I tested high on a cholesterol lab and I’ve had to change my eating patterns and the sedentary parts of my normal routine.  I’ve kept up with that these past 4 months and I’m looking forward to the next lab to see how it turns out.  The riding, the walking and even some push-ups (not much) have been consistent.  I can say that I’m proud of myself for the positive events happening in my life recently.  I haven’t given up to the addiction or the shadow of the warhorse.  I believe in myself as being part of the human race, not separated by the pain or victimhood of childhood anymore.

I went to the Sangha last night as there was a popular circuit speaker attending and he gave a talk on meditation.  He was explaining how meditation was our consent to enter into death.  To let go so completely that it would be a death to our ego in a sense.  Of course I’m not as articulate as he was but I got it, I got what he was saying.  In meditation you are observing all of your thoughts and you get to a point where you can let those thoughts go without resistance and it will be all right.  You will be all right.  You will still be yourself but with different eyes and different feelings.  I got it and I dug it.  It’s all coming down to the good that I feel about myself and realizing that it’s only now that counts.  Who I was isn’t who I am.

1.  I'm grateful for the insights that are unfolding in my mind.
2.  I'm grateful that I have the health to ride a bike and walk miles around the parks.
3.  I'm grateful for my son, his health and his friendship.

Comments

  1. Gosh, I had no idea what you went through growing up in the shadow of the warhorse. Another friend of mine endured similar things, though it seems more of his mother's was verbal abuse, but verbal and physical can be equally damaging. Makes me wonder what is wrong with people. I'm happy for you that you stopped that wretched cycle with your own child. You can really be proud of that Chris.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's all Fucked up

Yesterday I ate a bowlful of triggers and broke down completely in my therapist’s office.   Sure some of it has to do with turning 60 but there were older more ancient forces at work.   I’m lazy, I’m a loser, I’m lonely, and I’m financially fragile.   I, I, I.   I am having a hard time seeing the good in my life and there is good.   I have my own home, I have a healthy son and a pretty good relationship with him.   My health is not bad, I wish I had straighter teeth. So I don’t know what was the champion of the I hate me club that brought me down so strategically.   I got a birthday card from a former girlfriend inviting me out to a dinner and I think that was what started it.   I realized that all the work that I’ve done in therapy and with my AA sponsor was all interrelated with the failings that transpired during that relationship.   The more I realized it, the greater power they started to have again in my brain.   I’m still super sensitive in temperament and I do suffer from e
I Am Dardanelle So I decide I’m going to go for a hike but I don’t want to drive. What to do?  Well my strength is imagination, pursuing thoughts, strong holding onto old memories, er, you get the picture.  So let’s take a virtual walk.  Summon all my daily thoughts and tell them to take the day off, I’m going on a hike!  This is my hike.  It is on my planet and is free for all to enjoy.  I speed through the uneventful drive but secretly delight in the destination ahead.  I always get lost so part of the adventure is finding the right spot to park.  I have to unclutter my mind and focus on the feeling that tells me the right place to stop.  I stop and get out and look at where I am.  The road is planted in the middle of an immense garden of pines, cedars, elms, big rocks, pine needles and clouds.   My path today is traipsing through this garden with no thought of later. I skip across the street and instantly I’m straining my way over a well chiseled trail.  Nothing is smooth as

Day 361 It's Just Days Now

My friend told me I shouldn’t date a woman from the “program” as they are just too damaged.    I countered that opinion with my second wife who was “normal” but crazier than bat shit in the end.   She had her own agenda and it wasn’t about making peace or being compassionate.   I think women from the program are as damaged as any woman or man but the one thing that separates them from outside women is that they are trying to heal.   Whatever way or path that they choose is still driven by a choice of wanting to get healthy.   And on a good day they realize that they are broken and they pick up their pieces and try to mold them into a way of life guided by some sense of sanity.   I’ve known normal women that don’t even see how they’re wrong with anything.   There is no fighting them as you’ve lost before you say the first word.   My mom was a perfect example of this theory. I’m afraid of women right now.   I think about them more often than not.   What would it be like to be in a re