Skip to main content

Day 128 Bus Stop

Ry came over last night and I related to him my current world of woe.  Or rather the woe that is creeping around in my world. I’m woe-K, just some unsettled events that are speed bumps currently.  He gave me good advice, solid advocacy and kind support.  Thank you Ry.

What I told him was the current status of my relationships with women.  None.  And it is okay mind you but I had embers burning and now it is all just swept up ash.  My latest attraction hit a snag and I was a bit blindsided with jealousy and hurt and not sure how to react.  I wanted to “sit with the pain” as that is a new standard that I’m adhering to but I realized I wasn’t sure how to do that.  My first reaction was to not react and I did just that.  I reacted of course in my mind but not to “her”.  I called my sponsor and told him my feelings and asked questions about how to revel in rejection, how to celebrate my non-reactiveness, how do I sit with the pain.  He said I was already doing that by calling him and not calling “her.”  Okay so first things first.

The second thing is that I do feel okay about the end result even though I have doubts about my decision to cut off contact.  I was hurt and knew in my heart that I wouldn’t have done the same thing to “her” but I also feel that I’m playing tit for tat. 

I’ve been meditating daily for a while and quieting my mind during the day so I have some peace up there.  I’ve learned I have a bus load of kids ranging in ages from small to almost grown up in my head and they all have voices concerning about the things that I do or think I need to do.  What I’ve been practicing is assigning one to be manager, foster father so to speak, one voice to unify all the voices.  I can’t ignore anything that I hear as they are all me on and at different levels and they speak to those levels.  So they’re all right but not necessarily appropriate for the situations that they start piping up about.  I think I still have a small mix of voices that I’m paying attention to.  I honor that in my self today.  I’m not just black and white, I am complicated just as any other human being is.

Ry suggested that I could have asked more questions like why did “he” come over.  I thought not.   Once the “circle of relationship” was broken then we’re not a “we”, or a “we are slowly trying” anymore.  We are 2 independent people and what she does at that point is none of my business.  Yeah sure I want to know as I truly didn’t get it but it truly is none of my business.  In any way anymore.  That does sound black and white but it’s the best that I can do right now.  I’m trying to find that place where I deserve somebody great in my life, that the red flags are just a hint of pink and not necessarily holding up in hurricane force winds.  Is it too much to ask for?  How much compromise is too compromising?  I quit thinking about why I don’t have long term relationships anymore, I’m just wondering if I can have a short term relationship.


Well can we still be friends, Ry asks?  I don’t know, I don’t think in the terms of calling and saying hey, what’s going on type friendship right now.  It is still raw and it stinks.  Overall, it’s just another case of humanity going on in a small corner of the world.  Nothing too big but also not so small that a lot of attention gets misplaced over it.  I got my opportunity to sit with pain and it’s a learning process no matter how many times something like this happens.  I’m trying to massage my mind with a feather, respect the processes that are percolating over this, staying non-judgmental with my decisions and just wanting to jettison Peter Pan from my life.  Okay angels?  

1.  I'm grateful that I salvaged most of my mind from my destruction teens and twenties.
2.  I'm grateful that I have a beautiful son that I adore and love so much.
3.  I'm grateful that I am on a path of beauty and softness.

Comments

  1. Sometimes it is good to go back and get it sorted between you if you still have feelings for her. Maybe she still has feelings for you and also doesn't know what to do? At least a try is warranted if you still have feelings and believe maybe there is a chance? Something I have learned from experience. Then if she doesn't reciprocate, you know you can safely close the book. Be an optimist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandi. I get it. And it makes sense. I'm just not there yet. I don't know why, sometimes I feel there are forces pulling at me that are stronger than me. I know it sounds weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it doesn't sound all that weird to me. In the end, you have to go with your gut instinct. Granted, I haven't seen you in ages, but I believe you are a good guy- I think I had the sense of that way back when. You have a lot going for you. Sometimes you have to close one door, for another door to open. It gets tougher as we get older. But 60 is the new 50 they say. I don't feel that old...how about you? Looks like you are doing great on you bicycle...good for you! Keep your great sense of humor friend...and just be yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's all Fucked up

Yesterday I ate a bowlful of triggers and broke down completely in my therapist’s office.   Sure some of it has to do with turning 60 but there were older more ancient forces at work.   I’m lazy, I’m a loser, I’m lonely, and I’m financially fragile.   I, I, I.   I am having a hard time seeing the good in my life and there is good.   I have my own home, I have a healthy son and a pretty good relationship with him.   My health is not bad, I wish I had straighter teeth. So I don’t know what was the champion of the I hate me club that brought me down so strategically.   I got a birthday card from a former girlfriend inviting me out to a dinner and I think that was what started it.   I realized that all the work that I’ve done in therapy and with my AA sponsor was all interrelated with the failings that transpired during that relationship.   The more I realized it, the greater power they started to have again in my brain.   I’m still super sensitive in temperament and I do suffer from e
I Am Dardanelle So I decide I’m going to go for a hike but I don’t want to drive. What to do?  Well my strength is imagination, pursuing thoughts, strong holding onto old memories, er, you get the picture.  So let’s take a virtual walk.  Summon all my daily thoughts and tell them to take the day off, I’m going on a hike!  This is my hike.  It is on my planet and is free for all to enjoy.  I speed through the uneventful drive but secretly delight in the destination ahead.  I always get lost so part of the adventure is finding the right spot to park.  I have to unclutter my mind and focus on the feeling that tells me the right place to stop.  I stop and get out and look at where I am.  The road is planted in the middle of an immense garden of pines, cedars, elms, big rocks, pine needles and clouds.   My path today is traipsing through this garden with no thought of later. I skip across the street and instantly I’m straining my way over a well chiseled trail.  Nothing is smooth as

Day 361 It's Just Days Now

My friend told me I shouldn’t date a woman from the “program” as they are just too damaged.    I countered that opinion with my second wife who was “normal” but crazier than bat shit in the end.   She had her own agenda and it wasn’t about making peace or being compassionate.   I think women from the program are as damaged as any woman or man but the one thing that separates them from outside women is that they are trying to heal.   Whatever way or path that they choose is still driven by a choice of wanting to get healthy.   And on a good day they realize that they are broken and they pick up their pieces and try to mold them into a way of life guided by some sense of sanity.   I’ve known normal women that don’t even see how they’re wrong with anything.   There is no fighting them as you’ve lost before you say the first word.   My mom was a perfect example of this theory. I’m afraid of women right now.   I think about them more often than not.   What would it be like to be in a re