Skip to main content

Day 319 Busting Depression


Good morning.  It’s been a minute since I’ve been on here and I’d like to report that everything is grand but it truly is not.  I find myself circling the drain again.  What I prayed for so hard to never happen again is slowly wrapping it’s tendrils around my precious soul.  Depression.  Flatness.  Dull awareness.  It’s clear that I’m lonely but I’m not doing much in terms of harvesting companionship.  In any relationship.  Forget being with a woman.  They’re not knocking on my door while I have the TV constantly turned on.  This is not what I planned in my last days rolling into 60.  I thought it would be more of a parade, more of living what I’ve learned in this weary life.  So what have I learned?  What secret do I have to share with myself to guarantee that I escape these doldrums?

I’m not a victim.  Of anything. Granted I didn’t get the best start in life with the frantic, chaotic childhood I endured.  But I’m an adult now and have painfully and slowly learned coping skills to compensate for that lack.  Lingering doubt is my enemy as is rumination.

Don’t take stuff personal.  There are a lot of maladjusted people out there and their actions are not a reflection of you.  You are learning skillful tools to adapt to life and are doing that well.  Not everyone will be on the same page and that’s ok.  Let them be and know that that is all it is.  It is not a dump truck that you need to take on.

Minimize judgment.  Nothing nurtures resentment like judgment.  It’s part of the “control” empire that we think we’re golden ruler over.  If only they would treat me like they’re supposed to I wouldn’t be feeling this way.  Damn them for treating me the way that they do.  And damn them if they don’t automatically know how to lift me when I’m obviously down.  Where is their mind control?  Don’t they know who I am?  I’m the broken one that needs constant attention.  Loving, nurturing attention.  And don’t ask me if that is what I want because I will minimize and deny it.  You just have to provide it despite my meddling, posing, modeling, whining, acting OK, period.

Discover positive solutions instead of dead end proposals.  Don’t be defeated about how things play out before the play is even in motion.  Be daring and see how it can expand positively rather than poorly.  You can go outside for a walk, you can complete an entire conversation without wanting to run away.  You can prepare a healthy dinner for yourself.  You can turn off the TV and survive.  You can deny the vacuum of depression by stepping into the storm unafraid of any demons that you may meet.  Avoid the apathy before it overwhelms you unabatedly.  You just need one positive thought to start the battle.

I have the tools, I have the experience, I have the experience of riding this storm both ways.  In the solution or in the battle of good and evil.   I have bottomed out in the past and it was not a good experience.  The turmoil was a monster with no rival.  I can’t afford to deal with that lack of life again.  I have no business riding the bottom of the canyon, prey to holes, crevices, spires, wolves whatever can fuck you up, I have no desire to revisit that pain again.  A part of me already feels resigned to the blast and that too is part of this grinding affair.  It’s like I’m breathing into a paper bag, sucking in desperation and nowhere to breathe out supplication.   It’s a sad dance really, with no music and no end of dips and drops and spinning mindlessly. 

Comments

  1. Rolex wristwatches in addition occur in several possibilities. certainly one of most exceptional range could be the replica watches. This specific brand Daytona derives because of this recognized rolex replica uk that is certainly a year shown. That will range has become the favourite of those unfortunate high-profile famous people. Present day Daytona ended up being posted in Basel Wise 2011. That will tag heuer replica uk employs much-loved goods, this specific everos. silver precious metal that features a dark-colored coloring ceramic bezel. Which include distinct modern-day rolex replica sale that will Daytona contain a 40mm celebration besides provides knowledge 4130 freedom. This specific Daytona bogus wristwatches can be purchased because of this bogus niche. This specific bogus replica watches sale appear in wonderful variety on the internet that features a fake breitling many colorings, varieties, sizing's besides types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy,Hepatitis,Parkinson disease.Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's all Fucked up

Yesterday I ate a bowlful of triggers and broke down completely in my therapist’s office.   Sure some of it has to do with turning 60 but there were older more ancient forces at work.   I’m lazy, I’m a loser, I’m lonely, and I’m financially fragile.   I, I, I.   I am having a hard time seeing the good in my life and there is good.   I have my own home, I have a healthy son and a pretty good relationship with him.   My health is not bad, I wish I had straighter teeth. So I don’t know what was the champion of the I hate me club that brought me down so strategically.   I got a birthday card from a former girlfriend inviting me out to a dinner and I think that was what started it.   I realized that all the work that I’ve done in therapy and with my AA sponsor was all interrelated with the failings that transpired during that relationship.   The more I realized it, the greater power they started to have again in my brain.   I’m still super sensitive in temperament and I do suffer from e
I Am Dardanelle So I decide I’m going to go for a hike but I don’t want to drive. What to do?  Well my strength is imagination, pursuing thoughts, strong holding onto old memories, er, you get the picture.  So let’s take a virtual walk.  Summon all my daily thoughts and tell them to take the day off, I’m going on a hike!  This is my hike.  It is on my planet and is free for all to enjoy.  I speed through the uneventful drive but secretly delight in the destination ahead.  I always get lost so part of the adventure is finding the right spot to park.  I have to unclutter my mind and focus on the feeling that tells me the right place to stop.  I stop and get out and look at where I am.  The road is planted in the middle of an immense garden of pines, cedars, elms, big rocks, pine needles and clouds.   My path today is traipsing through this garden with no thought of later. I skip across the street and instantly I’m straining my way over a well chiseled trail.  Nothing is smooth as

Day 361 It's Just Days Now

My friend told me I shouldn’t date a woman from the “program” as they are just too damaged.    I countered that opinion with my second wife who was “normal” but crazier than bat shit in the end.   She had her own agenda and it wasn’t about making peace or being compassionate.   I think women from the program are as damaged as any woman or man but the one thing that separates them from outside women is that they are trying to heal.   Whatever way or path that they choose is still driven by a choice of wanting to get healthy.   And on a good day they realize that they are broken and they pick up their pieces and try to mold them into a way of life guided by some sense of sanity.   I’ve known normal women that don’t even see how they’re wrong with anything.   There is no fighting them as you’ve lost before you say the first word.   My mom was a perfect example of this theory. I’m afraid of women right now.   I think about them more often than not.   What would it be like to be in a re